Bite-Size Gem Quilts
May 6, 2022 at 4:30:00 PM
Non Member Price:
February 1, 2022 at 8:00:00 AM
Issaquah Sewing and Vacuum
This technique class is devoted to learning techniques to chart and piece a faceted design supplied by the instructor using freezer paper piecing techniques. Activities include:
• Prepare an 18” square freezer paper template.
• Transfer the mock-up design to the freezer paper by using a simple grid technique.
• Create a color palette.
• Code the facets in their template to designate position, color, and adjacency.
• Cut apart their freezer paper template and sort by color code.
• Iron freezer paper facets to their painted fabric according to the color codes.
• Cut the facets and organize them by section code.
• Learn techniques to piece facets.
Domestic machine (yours or borrow from ISV).